The Dolphin Meditation encourages participants to use a rigorous breathing technique, which could lead to temporary dizziness and a dry mouth. Also, individuals with the following conditions should not participate in the Dolphin Meditation:
- Recent surgery or fractures
- Cardiovascular problems
- Pregnancy past the first trimester
- Extremely high or low blood pressure that is not regulated by medication
- Mental illness, in particular bipolar disorder and paranoid personality disorder
- Wear loose fitting clothing or bring something comfortable to change into. You will need to give your body room to breathe.
- Bring a yoga mat or a few blankets; you will be resting on your back on the floor.
- For best results, do not come to the meditation with a full stomach. Try to stop eating 3 hours before the meditation. If you’d like, you may bring a light snack to consume after the session.
- Think of a question that you would like to ask the dolphin. The question should be something meaningful to you.
Please note that we require you to sign a waiver in order to participate in the Dolphin Meditation.